- July 31, 2020
- Comments Off on No-Fault Arbitration
Minnesota is a No-Fault State for auto accidents, which affords nearly all drivers and passengers medical and wage loss benefits from car insurance. BUT, did you know your auto insurance can decide to stop paying these benefits to which you…
- June 30, 2020
- Comments Off on Dog Bites and/or Attacks
Dogs have been defined as (wo)man’s best friend; however, you can find countless descriptions of our best friends acting on their animal instincts. Minnesota is a “strict liability” state concerning dog bites. If the dog bite victim does not “provoke”…
Is Minnesota a “No-Fault” state? What does living in a no-fault state mean exactly, is it to your benefit?
- May 26, 2020
- Comments Off on Is Minnesota a “No-Fault” state? What does living in a no-fault state mean exactly, is it to your benefit?
There are many hazards on the road in MN that are not other drivers – snow, snow drifts, ice, black ice, deer, moose, the list goes on! This is important because not only could these hazards cause another driver to…
- February 5, 2016
- Comments Off on An auto accident puts several things on the top of your “To do” list
First, check for injured parties and call for medical attention if needed. Do not leave the scene as you could be charged as a “hit and run” driver. Do not apologize or admit fault as you may be taking legal…
- January 5, 2016
- Comments Off on Yes. Insurance companies can require an Independent Medical Examination (IME)
Insurance companies will often request an Independent Medical Examination or IME for an injured party. Even though the injured person may be receiving treatment from his or her own doctor, the law allows for an IME by a physician of…
- December 16, 2015
- Comments Off on Thinking clearly when it comes to brain injuries
It’s no laughing matter when you or a loved one has a brain injury. The brain is the most complicated, and yet important part of the body, and blunt force injuries to the head can have multiple impacts on your…
- June 9, 2015
- Comments Off on Bar’s ethics committee appoints Otten
Burnsville attorney Paul Otten appointed to serve on ethics committee of Minnesota’s First Judicial District Veteran personal injury attorney Paul Otten has been named to the Ethics Committee of the Bar Association of Minnesota’s First Judicial District, which covers Dakota and…
- June 9, 2015
- Comments Off on Minn. Association for Justice
Otten reaches 10 years of service on Board of Governors of Minnesota Association for Justice.
- June 9, 2015
- Comments Off on Continuing education
Otten provides Personal Injury Law Update for Legal Ed seminar in Apple Valley.
- June 5, 2015
- Comments Off on Limo company refuses to pay accident victims’ medical costs
Read the story in the Star Tribune Cover in Sun Thisweek newspapaper